A&P Mechanic- Melbourne FL
Palm Bay, Florida
A&P Mechanic – Melbourne, FL
The maintaining of aircraft and their associated engines and sub-systems to ensure airworthiness. Perform maintenance for the CASA 212 FW and S61 RW with some structure work experience required.
· Repairs, replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as cowlings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units; using hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun and drills.
· Reads and interprets manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other related documentation to determine feasibility and method of altering or repairing the aircraft and it' s associated components, determining the airworthiness of the aircraft and it' s associated components and replacement for malfunctioning or damaged components.
· Inspects engines and their associated components for airworthiness; repairs or replaces defective engine parts and associated components; removes and installs engines onto the aircraft.
· Troubleshoots, repairs and replaces electrical wiring and associated components.
· Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including hydraulic system servicing, engine oil replenishment, aircraft systems lubrication, aircraft fueling, etc...
· Interacts with Company maintenance control, the customer and manufacturer in matters that concern the airworthiness of the aircraft, operational readiness of the aircraft and issues related to the troubleshooting of the aircraft' s system.
· Must know the maintenance sections of the certificate holder' s maintenance manual, the operations specifications, the provisions and applicable parts of FAR Part 145.
· Perform other duties as assigned or required.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Must have current FAA issued A&P License
· Must have at least 5 years Fixed Wing experience. Must have exercised the privilege of their A&P License for a minimum of 6 months of the previous 24 months.
· Must have experience with working from blueprint drawings, diagram, specifications, service manuals, sketches, templates and other incomplete data.
· Experience working on structure: CASA 212 FW, and S61 RW
· Electrical / Avionics background a plus.
Quanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer