1. Summary of Position: (Brief description of overall responsibilities and function) This contractor is to provide technical services to support the design, maintenance, and troubleshooting of airborne instrumentation and data acquisition systems to support flight safety and engineering objectives on the AW609 experimental aircraft in Philadelphia. This contractor will be required to support AW609 aircraft as a technician (‘ hands-on’) and as an engineer for technical expertise in design, maintenance and troubleshooting. The contractor will also be required to understand and support the telemetry system, to ensure the aircraft data is received and processed in the ground station.
2. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Specifically describe the essential duties and responsibilities with estimated percentage of time that is spent on each). Duties and Responsibilities: % of Time
a) Design, plan, build and test instrumentation systems and installations on various flight test projects to support customer requirements. 20
b) Maintain configuration files related to calibrations, sensor installations, filtering, etc., to establish reliability and data control for customer parameters. 15
c) Support flight test activities to include onboard calibrations, safe installation practices, troubleshooting and system operational support. Be an instrumentation point of contact for flight briefings. 40
d) Work with flight technology groups to help solve complex engineering issues through the use of flight test instrumentation. 15
e) Support the training and mentoring of other flight test instrumentation technicians to use and establish best practices and support the development of current and future data acquisition systems. 5
f) Research, test and develop innovative improvements in current and future flight test instrumentation data acquisition systems. Continually work to recommend improvements that would affect reliability, cost and schedule of flight test systems. 5
3. Qualifications for Position:
a) Education BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related is preferred. Experience in lieu of qualification may be considered.
- Five+ years of experience performing helicopter instrumentation system design, analysis, maintenance, and troubleshooting including software design for rotorcraft experimental flight testing.
- Experience with tilt rotor is desirable, but not essential.
c) Competencies & Attributes
- Practical knowledge and experience with flight test instrumentation hardware/software design, maintenance, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical and design skills, including knowledge of developmental and certification flight test requirements and data analysis. Proven work efficiently across a diverse and complex organization.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
d) Licensure/Certification None