SUMMARY Provide maintenance support to the cell/area to achieve optimal levels of productivity, quality, and safety to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain production equipment in optimal operating condition
- Perform and track preventative maintenance activities
- Assist assigned cell/area in trouble shooting and repairing equipment
- Assist cell/area Supervisor in training associates in the proper use of equipment
- Assure proper inventory levels of required replacement parts for cell/area equipment
- Change oil on equipment as recommended by manufacturer
- Follow all prescribed internal and manufacturer maintenance procedures
- Assist the Process/Industrial Engineer in implementing process improvement changes
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in work area
- Participate in team problem solving activities (ie, 8D’ s, communication meetings, etc)
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ie, Quality Manual, Associate Handbook, etc)
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
3-5 years maintenance experience in manufacturing environment. Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, programmable controller problems. Experience in operating various machining equipment.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisors and other employees of the organization. Ability to read prints and schematics
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10' s and 100' s.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk, kneel, climb, lay down and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee must not wear any loose fitting clothing that may get in the way of the moving machinery. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be required to work above ground level or in small work areas.