Structure Mechanic- Melbourne, FL
Palm Bay, Florida
Structures Technician (A&P license) – Melbourne, FL
- Completion of sheet metal repairs and maintenance of general modifications on assigned aircraft. Work on all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, etc. Monitor and accurately complete all aircraft paperwork to ensure safety and timely delivery.
- Performs structural repairs on aircraft and support equipment.
- Inspect, maintain and repair assigned equipment.
- Work directly on the aircraft and its components fulfilling such tasks as removal, repair, modification and installation of parts and assemblies.
- Complete all necessary manual and automated records required by Company directives.
- Identify metal corrosion. Performs necessary testing to identify type corrosion present by examination with magnifying equipment, chemical and mechanical methods and treats aircraft engines, in accordance with applicable technical publications.
- Comply with the requirements of the FOD prevention, housekeeping, tool control, environmental and safety programs.
- Troubleshoot aircraft structural repair situations in such areas as fuselage, tails, wings, cowlings, and stabilizers.
- Repair cracks in aircraft skin. Fabricates and fits patches to damaged areas, determining repair detail necessary to retain or restore original strength.
- Prepare and design layout, dies, jigs, and templates necessary to carry out fabrication repair or modification of aircraft.
- Identify, blend, store, control, and dispose of hazardous materials such as acids, caustics, alcohols, solvents, cleaners, primers and surface coatings used for corrosion removal, treatment and protection in accordance with applicable directives.
- Perform other duties as assigned ore required.
- Airframe & Powerplant License Required
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in aircraft structural repair.
- Must have Fixed Wing Experience (Casa 212 Experience Preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training.
- Completions of specialized courses in aircraft structural repair.
- Knowledge of the assigned airframe, technical manuals, and publications.
- Working knowledge of assigned aircraft forms and records and standard operating procedures.
- Must have experience with structures / sheet metal or composite repairs, alterations, installations, fabrication and modifications.
Quanta is an Equal Opportunity Employe