Electrical Engineering Manager
Manager Electrical Engineering
One of the world' s leading mechanical and plant engineering firms. Products, systems and services offered enable highly efficient manufacturing processes in different industries. Business with automobile manufacturers and their suppliers accounts for approximately 60% of sales. Other market segments include, for example, the mechanical engineering, chemical and pharmaceutical industries and the woodworking industry.
Growing organization, seeking a Manager Electrical Engineering. Together, with the momentum of our business vision, we can achieve international success and added innovation in all of the themes at a global level.
Location: Southfield, MI
Position Summary: Management of the Electrical Engineering department of custom engineered industrial pollution control equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Modify and clearly communicate a long-term operational philosophy and engineering direction for the controls department; a plan implementing best-in-class and cost-effective standards.
- Develop a departmental road map for electrical engineering project execution.
- Establish an up-front controls strategy for every project - including hardware & software planning with a gate keeper at each critical milestone
- Create controls standards and apply discipline to avoid deviation.
- Work closely with Application Engineering department to define pre-contract scope of work & costs and flag specification risk issues.
- Review project specifications and work with Project Management & Purchasing to create cost effective installation bid packages.
- Focus on continuous development of the product & standards along with Company-wide cost reduction efforts.
- Managing internal resources and external resources to complete work on time with an accurate schedule
- Manage projects on budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ten or more years of electrical engineering experience
- Three or more years of department management experience preferred
- Ability to develop & apply standard controls philosophies to custom engineered products
- Strong profession communication skills with people at all levels of the organizational and externally.
- Must have a positive office demeanor and confidence to question effectiveness of processes.
- Experience and full capabilities with Allen Bradley control hardware and software Slick PLC' s, ControlLogix, CompactLogix, Ethernet, Controlnet and Devicenet.
- Full capabilities with Siemens control hardware and software
- Experience with Mitsubishi control hardware and software
- Detailed knowledge of NFPA safety and burner control schemes, hardwired burner circuits and Allen Bradley safety PLC' s GuardPLC and GuardLogix.
- Detailed knowledge of SIL systems, requirements and certification
- Full capabilities in variable frequency drives, panel wiring, electrical field installation and costs
- Familiarity with IEC and NEMA drawing formats
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Ability to understand and maintain project schedules
- Good time management skills with the ability to determine priorities
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate with engineering and estimating departments, contractors, suppliers, and customers
- Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Able to technically define problems and propose solutions
- Adaptable to change in a learning environment
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- German and/or Spanish language skills preferred
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.