Machine Operator- 2nd shift
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Operates machine or equipment performing one or more repetitive assembly duties in manufacturing operations to mass produce parts-in-process or finished product.
- Start machine and observe operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Selects stock for process according to specifications and instructions. Transport stock and load machine for assembly/stamping processes.
- Load raw material to steel decoilers and/or install stock in component feeder as necessary for continuous feed operations at a stamping press.
- Operate equipment or machine in automatic / continuous cycle or single stroke mode.
- Inspects work pieces for conformance and records data according to inspection instructions
- Performs minor tool changeovers such as punches, buttons, die sections, and springs etc.
- Cleans and lubricates equipment, tools and/or machine per preventative maintenance schedule.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
Secondary Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Verifies that all required guarding and safety features are in place before operating machines.
- The responsibility and authority for the Quality Functions for this position are defined in the Level 2 Procedures, Level 3 Work Instructions, and the Authority Matrix (Appendix C) of Torca’ s Quality Manual.
- Continuously strives for improvement in performance of all responsibilities.
- Assumes responsibility for related initiatives as needs arise.
- Complies with all safety and compliance requirements.