Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Quality Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Quality Management Systems, and must ensure the company secures a quality product. This position will direct all functions related to successful internal and external standards such as ISO/TS 16949-14001, IATF Certification VDA, and CCC Certification to meet Company and Customer requirements and standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will manage all QM activities relating to development, execution and achievement of company goals.
- Developing, auditing, and improving the quality system in accordance with customer and company requirements, and continuous improvement principles.
- Ensure effectiveness of Quality Management System.
- Track and maintain data analysis of key performance indicators.
- Responsible for reporting on the performance of the quality system to Management and recommending improvements to the quality system.
- Responsible for Quality support of internal problems.
- Responsible for Control of Non-Conforming material processing.
- Responsible for the Problem Solving Reporting (8D) of internal and supplier issues.
- Responsible for Internal Inspection Team in Molding and Assembly Departments.
- Responsible for containments, customer claims, and warranty claims. Must be able to respond immediately and professionally. Timely execution of documentation, root cause analysis and corrective actions and verifications of effectiveness.
- Must take ownership with respect to all quality system related subjects.
- Attend internal meetings/reviews with cross functional departments and support all aspects of Quality related topics/issues.
- Support the Sales and Purchasing Departments as it relates to customer and supplier related topics.
- Engage in the Quality aspect of planning, execution, and support of launch activities, ensuring successful timing, company standards and customer requirements are met.
- Ensure Quality team is updated and trained on quality related subjects.
- Must be able to lead internal workshops as relates to Quality.
- Promote quality improvement throughout the company.
- Interact and support all departments in achieving company goals.
- Domestic and International travel required to support customer and company initiatives.
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’ s degree.
- 10 plus years in Automotive Manufacturing, preferably Plastic Injection Molding and Assembly.
- 5 plus years in a Managerial role.
- Extensive knowledge with automotive quality standards.
- Knowledge and experience in APQP, PPAP, 5 Why, 8D, SPC, Ishikawa, FMEA & CP.
- Lead, coach and motivate the quality team in a positive manner.
- Able to work with other departments professionally.
- Should be comfortable presenting information and responding to customers, suppliers and co-workers.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.