Structural Mechanic- Dothan AL
Structures Technician – Dothan, AL
· Undertake maintenance, repair and modifications on airframe components and assemblies for aircrafts included on Company’ s ops specs.
· Required to read sketches, drawings, and schematics, associated with assigned task and have a good basic knowledge of where to find proper documentation such as SRM references.
· Perform layout work, measuring, bending, and forming sheet metal in preparation for assembly.
· Fabricates sheet metal from raw stock by cutting down, drilling to prepare for installation.
· Perform the assigned maintenance task in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’ s recommendations, customers approved maintenance program, approved or acceptable data.
· Perform high quality and airworthy work in accordance with the Task Card instructions provided to them by the Project Manager and/or their Lead.
· Become familiar with and follow the requirements of this Repair Station Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives, advisory circular, manufacturer’ s service bulletins and any other required to perform their assigned work. Never begin any maintenance unless in possession of the proper, current and applicable approved or acceptable data.
· Ensure that the issued Task Card is properly scanned together with the Technician’ s information before beginning the assigned task(s) for time-keeping purposes.
· Adhere to Company’ s standard procedures and policies.
· Accurately and legibly, record the maintenance or alteration on the proper repair station and/or customer supplied forms including their signature or initials and employee number.
· Report any difficulties, uncertainties, unserviceable equipment or potential safety hazards to their supervisor and observe all safety precautions in the performance of assigned tasks at all times.
· Report any tool issues to stores and ensure the correct tag is attached and properly completed.
· Take part in any required training including GMM and safety.
· Keep all work areas clean and orderly.
· Proven ability to work alone and in a team environment.
Ability to speak, write and read English.
Position requires frequent walking, standing and/or climbing.
Candidates are expected to have knowledge and experience in working through specially designed airframe, engine and undercarriage openings while standing on ladders or scaffolds; to use hoists and lifts; required precision instruments and other necessary tools.
Must be able to list and/or pull objects weighing at least 50 lbs.
High School Diploma / GED
Possesses a valid A/A&P License is preferred, FAM certificates and OJT is a PLUS.
Must have minimum of 3-5 years recent experience on transport category aircraft.
Quanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer