A&P Mechanic- Philadelphia, PA
9800 Ashton Road, Box 1 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19114
A&P Mechanic – Philadelphia, PA
- Certifies the airworthiness of assigned aircraft in conformance with the Federal Air Regulations, manufacturer‘ s bulletins and service notes, as well as airworthiness directives and department regulations
- Conducts periodic aircraft inspections in accordance with prescribed requirements, notes and corrects defects and makes appropriate entries in logs, records, check lists and reports
- Makes appropriate repairs, modifications, adjustments and replacements to aircraft in response to Airworthiness Directives, manufacturer‘ s service bulletins and as required
- Investigates, analyzes and corrects reported and apparent malfunctions in all aircraft and engine systems and components
- Assures proper servicing and lubrication of aircraft in accordance with manufacturer‘ s instructions as required
- Requisitions parts, supplies and equipment and maintains parts inventory and records of parts used, parts due for replacement and related documentation
- Disassembles, inspects and overhauls airframe components and performs minor engine repairs at specified intervals
- Maintains records of all inspections, discrepancies, replacements, directive and service bulletin compliance, component history and daily status of aircraft
- Maintains aircraft, facilities, equipment and materials in clean, orderly condition
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with factory, manufacturing, and supplier representatives, engineering staff and FAA Inspectors regarding the maintenance, repairs, performance and serviceability of parts and equipment.
- Create and maintain high standards and practices for all work performed on aircraft.
- Maintain currency and competency in skills sets
- Work as a key member of a high performing team dedicated on providing state-of-the art quality installations.
- Provide exceptional customer service and support.
- Ability to move and lift 50 pounds during aircraft and component maintenance
- Valid driver‘ s license
- Previous relevant field experience with Agusta Westland AW-109, AW-119, AW-139, Bell 206, 222, 230, 430, 212, 412, and Eurocopter series helicopters is a plus
- Previous relevant experience with the Rolls Royce and Pratt-Whitney turbine engines
- FAA-certified Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic certification
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position will be considered.
- A minimum of five years’ experience inspecting, overhauling, maintaining and certifying turbine helicopters
- Selected candidates must pass a DOT/FAA drug urinalysis test and Background Check
- Must provide tools, except those, specifically required for individual model of aircraft to be maintained.
Quanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer