AW609 FCS Senior System Engineer
3050 Red Lion Road Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19114
Job Title: Tiltrotor FCS Senior System Engineer
Location(s): Philadelphia, PA, USA
1. Summary of Position: (Brief description of overall responsibilities and function)
Development of requirements, design, validation, verification and certification of the Tiltrotor Aircraft flight control system modes, to satisfy customer needs and comply with certification rules.
Support Tiltrotor Aircraft experimental flight testing and hardware-in-the-loop simulation by defining test plans, analyzing test results, finding compliance and/or problems, and addressing squawks and pilot comments related to FCS functions.
2. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Specifically describe the essential duties and responsibilities with estimated percentage of time that is spent on each).
Duties and Responsibilities:
% of Time
Conduct the Tiltrotor Aircraft flight control system design, testing, simulation, and analysis of the FCS logics and modes necessary to achieve the requested capabilities, show compliance to certification rules and to deliver an aircraft that satisfies customers’ needs.
Verify/Validate the design and the integration of the flight control system modes and logics using simulation models in a closed loop environment with mathematical model of aircraft.
Validate the FCS requirements against aircraft level requirements
Perform FCS flight test squawk and problem report analysis
Analyze flight and simulation data to produce validation and certification data items
Provide high-quality deliverables relevant to the FCS functions, logics and modes:
- Provide system high level requirements for the FCS by means of SSS (System Specification), to be provided to the SW Team to generate SW requirement (SRS) for their implementation, SW testing and SW V&V.
- Provide control law design requirements for the FCS by means of CLD (Control Law Document), to be provided to the SW requirement Team.
- Define validation, verification and certification test plans, test results, simulation models, analysis/simulation reports, problem reports, change requests, regression analysis, flight limitations/manuals, and configuration accountability.
Execute/support integration and testing of the FCS functions, logics and modes on the FCS test bench (target test) and the Tiltrotor Aircraft flight simulator at the Philadelphia
Continuously develop talent working in the flight control system team, implement innovative design solutions that leverage advanced AFCS and tiltrotor technology as warranted to provide customer value.
- Qualifications for Position:
Degree in Aeronautical Engineering; MS preferred
Five years minimum of experience in system requirements design and development for the Flight Control System. Experience in Flight controls functions, Redundancy Management, Inputs consolidation, failure modes, logics and modes testing, malfunctions testing, non-linear simulation, performance analysis.
C. Competencies & Attributes
Strong understanding of basic flight control laws (hands-on), autopilot (hands-off aircraft piloting), control law design, FCS modes performance and malfunction testing
Strong analytical skills. Proven experience in simulation modelling and analysis. Experience in tiltrotor and/or rotorcraft technology preferred.
Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization, ability to negotiate win-win solutions in the presence of conflict and ambiguity, and ability to be a persuasive advocate to internal and external customers.
Practical experience with FAA certification processes (preferred)
Understanding of electrical aspects in system integration, discrete components electric circuits (preferred)
MS Office package, DOORS, MATLAB and SIMULINK, SAP (fundamentals)