AW609 Quality Inspector- Philadelphia, PA
3050 Red Lion Road Philadelphia, PA 19114
QC Inspector Part 21- Philadelphia, PA
Job Title: QC Inspector, Assembly
Department: Quality Control
Reports to: QC Lead
Location(s): Production line
Summary of Position:
(Brief description of overall responsibilities and function)
Perform a variety of detailed, functional, and/or operational inspection in one or more of the following areas: complex mechanical and/or electrical aircraft systems, components, parts of production, modification, repair/rework, in accordance with company procedures and FAA regulations.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Specifically describe the essential duties and responsibilities
in order of estimated percentage of time that is spent on each).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Inspect assemblies, joining of sub-assemblies into major structure, and complete aircraft for correctness of assembly, according to blueprints, drawings, and production and Inspection files.
2. Examine installation of engines, mechanical equipment, plumbing lines and tanks, wiring shields and brackets in sub-assemblies to verify location and fastening and to determine defects, such as surface defects, scratches and cracks.
3. Examine fit and seal of windows and doors and installation of bulkheads, seats,
instrument and decorative panels.
4. Requires the ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, diagrams and technical instructions.
5. Must be able to operate a variety of standard and specialized hand tools, power
equipment, measuring devices and test equipment
6. Must be able to move about freely in areas with moving aircraft and parts; handle heavy components and work in areas where exposure to chemicals and fumes will occur.
7. Able to use computer and associated software application packages.
Qualifications for Position:
HS education or equivalent. Requires valid certification in the field of aircraft Mechanics, electricity, and/or non-destructive testing or approved authorization to test. (A&P license, FCC 2nd class License).
Requires four years related experience in aircraft mechanical, electrical quality assurance inspection activities
Competencies & Attributes