Advance Quality Engineer
9755 Inkster Rd Taylor, MI 48180
- Tracks PPAP elements for each program and ensures each element is delivered to the program on time. Reviews PPAP tracking matrix with Program Engineers and Program Managers, and updates status of each element throughout the AQP process.
- Interacts directly with customer Supplier Quality personnel to ensure that all PPAP requirements are clear. Submits PPAP documents for each program and tracks all PPAP related issues until approved and closed. Communicates open items to Program Engineers and Program Managers to ensure their deliverables are clear.
- Supports CFT on GD&T reviews, and gauging requirements for the program
- Leads all technical gauge development checkpoints, milestones and gateways for all gauges intended to be used for PPAP, including MSA deliverables
- Tracks and reports progress of gauge builds to the CFT regularly
- Ensures gauges are designed, constructed and qualified to OMF Gauge Standards
- Ensures gauge supplier(s) complete and deliver gauge certifications and gauge R&R’ s, compliant to Oakwood Gauge Standards
- Develops Gauge Work Instructions (WI’ s)
- Leads Process Capability Studies required for PPAP and/or in-process inspection reporting as required by the Control Plan(s)
- Leads in development and implementation of Flow Charts-PFMEA-Control Plans for all Advanced Engineering Programs
- Coordinates all IMDS submissions for the Metals Advanced Engineering Group
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering discipline (preferably Mechanical) or equivalent job experience.
- Demonstrated experience working within an automotive APQP system Minimum of five years experience as an Advance Quality Engineer (AQE)
- Program Management and/or Project Engineering experience in an Automotive APQP process is a plus
- Thorough knowledge and experience working in/with:? GD&T & Metrology? Conceptual gauge development, gauge qualification and MSA? Flow Chart-PFMEA-Control Plan development for new products? PPAP