1004 East State Street
Industry: Engineering & Technical
Job Number: 5846
- Responsible for all Assembly personnel, may exclude Defense Assembly personnel.
- Works closely with the Machining Manager to coordinate and process work tickets and maintain project schedules.
- Performs Kaizen activities, 5’ S workshops/training and Kan Ban.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and coach this program.
- Coaches and develops Assembly team to achieve peak performance and meet objectives set forth by management.
- Implements Assembly programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, assembly or manufacturing problems, economic trends, and design and development of new products, then proposes solutions for consideration by other members of management team.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes assembly priorities for products in keeping with promised deliveries, effective operations and cost factors. This includes scheduling assembly staff work hours to meet company goals.
- Verify time and attendance for all assembly staff including time card hours for assembly staff of a daily basis.
- Maintain existing assembly equipment, and environmental requirements; replace or make adjustments to assembly facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Manages preventative maintenance program and calibration for tools in his group.
- Coordinates assembly activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, materials, machines and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes assembly processes, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes and resolve issues of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements efficient assembly methods and procedures designed to eliminate issues and improve product quality.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve the final product.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of the assembly area.
- Assists Field Service with employees as required.
- Attend weekly Management meetings.
- May require travel to various sites regarding current and new opportunities, customer problems in the field.
- Responsible for Safety, EMS and OSHA compliance for all assembly related employees and equipment.
Critical Job Skills/Competency Expectations:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent recommended.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites.