CNC Machinist- 3rd shift
Rochester Hills, Michigan 48309
Under limited supervision, performs complex machining operations in support of production operations or shop machining. In this role employee is able to alternately set up operate and edit programs on multiple types of machine tools; such as cnc mills, cnc lathes, manual mills, manual lathes, grinders, etc. in machining operations. Performs progressive machining operations for metal parts, tools and machines with close tolerances or high finish requirements. This 3rd shift opportunity MUST have lathe machinist experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures maximum levels of production through proper operation of machinery.
- Able to perform basic programming in the manufacturing of parts.
- Possess familiarity with working properties of various materials.
- Performs machining of parts and products in accordance with drawings, specifications and material requirements.
- Follows proper operating procedures and maintains proper records in accordance with plant management system.
- Follows all safety guidelines including utilization of proper PPE.
- Keeps work area clean and organized to insure safety and environmental compliance.
- Produces quality parts while meeting scrap and rework standards; through proper in-process inspection.
- Maintains quality standards on all parts being produced through proper use of measuring devices and fixtures.
- Maintains production records to avoid costly errors.
- Performs Machine set-ups, tool offsets, edits and troubleshoots programs with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates positive relations and teamwork as established in the IMI Way and Leadership Blueprint within the organization.
- Aids in the training of Machine Operators.
- Recognizes and resolves tooling wear problems.
- Must meet all requirements of Machinist Level I position as listed in the Job description.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience as a Machinist.
- Programming experience is a MUST
Skills and Competencies
- Intermediate math skills
- GD&T familiarity
- Blueprint reading skills; technical training preferred
- Working knowledge of both Fanac & Mazak programming