Cabin/Interior Mechanics- Duluth, MN
4600 Stebner Rd Duluth, Minnesota 55803
Cabin / Interior Technician - Duluth, MN
- Able to communicate effectively verbally in writing in standard English.
- Able to interface in a professional manner with other Client employees at all levels and with customers if required.
- General mechanical aptitude.
- Able to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Exposed to high levels of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes.
- Able to lift fifty (50) pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Able to bend, twist, squat and lift.
- Able to access and work in all areas of the aircraft to be worked on, including confined areas.
- Able to climb on ladders and platforms and work at heights up to fifty feet from the ground.
Essential tasks to be performed:
- Removal, disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing and reinstalling as needed of aircraft cabin furnishings and equipment as galleys, lavatories, seats, overhead compartments, panels and carpeting.
- Repairs, adjusts and installs aircraft seats.
- Able to read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, service bulletins, aircraft manuals and catalogs and be able to perform complex cabin reconfigurations.
- Has general knowledge of tools.
- Understands how to read a micrometer, depth gauge or dial calipers.
- Identifies interior fasteners and determines grip lengths required, and has basic knowledge of their installation methods.
- Understands and practices correctly basic sealing procedures of aircraft structures.
- Identifies the locations of pressurized areas of the aircraft.
- Opens and closes areas on the aircraft which are required to be opened for inspection.
- Work performed must meet FAA and customer standards.
- Follows standards of behavior and appearance for all staff members.
- Asks questions as necessary to increase knowledge or skill.
- Maintains her or his work area in an orderly and clean manner.
- Cleans and removes any foreign objects generated during the course of effecting repairs.
- Records her or his time worked as directed by her or his supervisor.
- Complies with all safety procedures at all times, without exception.
- Complies with all Client policies and procedures which apply to her or him.
- Keeps her or himself informed of such policies and procedures and asks her or his supervisor for explanations of anything which she or he does not fully understand.
- Takes those prudent actions appropriate to the preservation of Company and or customer assets, whether in monetary or other form.
- Attends work-related training as scheduled.
- Performs such other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by her or his supervisor.
- Experience and education required for consideration:
- High school education or G.E.D. preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of aircraft cabin experience required.
- FAA Airframe license in good standing, preferred but not required.
- Must have experience working on Airbus 300' s
Quanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer