9800 Ashton Road, Box 1 Philadelphia, PA 19114
Job Title: Chief Inspector
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Travel Required: Limited Travel Required
Position Type: Full Time – Salary
Experienced Chief Inspector that will ensure compliance with all regulatory standards and requirements and that all maintenance work is performed in accordance to standards. This position is responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Quality Management Systems for Part 145 operations and reports directly to the Quality Manager.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for inspection and approving item(s) for return to service as outlined on the Inspectors Roster’ s Delegation of Authority.
· Full authority for compliance, changes and enforcement of Part 145 Training Program.
· Perform quality assurance and quality control audits for operations.
· Assure that the proper inspection records, reports and forms used under the Repair Station Manual and as per customer requirements are kept up-to-date at all times and are properly executed for each item.
· Administer and supervise on-the-job training program(s).
· Responsible for inspection process and approving item(s) prior to delivery and acceptance by customers.
· Oversee and monitor the tagging and parts identification process.
· Responsible for receiving inspection compliance.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Ability to work occasional on-call situations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements and/or cultures.
· Punctuality, accuracy and attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work with Microsoft Office products and to read and interpret engineering drawings, manufacturers’ maintenance publications, AD, Service Bulletins and STCs.
· High personal ethical standards
QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE
· FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate required; with Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred
· Bachelor’ s Degree in related field a plus
· Must have minimum of 3 years prior inspection experience in an FAA Part 145 environment; helicopter experience required, preferably AW139
· Familiarity with ERP Systems (i.e., BaaN, Infor, SAP or similar)