Composite Technician- Miami, FL
Miami, Florida 33166
Composite Structures Technician - Miami, FL
Composite Structures Technicians are responsible for fabricating aircraft parts, accessories, and trim in accordance with technical specifications. Composite technician jobs are detail-oriented and involve crafting, sanding, assembly, with a variety of composite materials.
- Perform composite repairs of components
- Perform hot-bonding, wet layup preparation, and cures, using raw materials or prepregs, both glass and aramid fiber
- Remove and repair damage of honeycomb and core panels
- Repair of thermosets and thermoplastics using thermal-welders and adhesive bonding
- Removal and replacement of defective parts; assembly and install of replacement parts; testing component assemblies
- Perform temporary and permanent repairs/Return To Service on panels, flight controls, doors, interiors, etc. in accordance with Manufacturer’ s Repair Procedures or other FAA approved data
- Perform priming and painting of components
- Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment
- Complete all required maintenance records as stated in Air Services Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals
- Accurately record time worked on aircraft order
- Interprets technical manuals, drawings and blueprints
This position reports to the Structures Lead and does not have direct reports.
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent; A&P License desirable
Strong 3 Years MRO/Component repair experience. Airframe and component structural/composite repair experience required on Boeing 737, 747, 757, 767 and Airbus 319, 320.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Ability to work in a team environment and exercise good judgment in aircraft maintenance and safety
Ability to navigate the following systems in the computer: SRM, SOPM, Maintenance Manual.
Quanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer