Contracts Administrator (Contract)
1600 Ely Street Marinette, WI 54143
This position is responsible for acting as an interface with our customers; prepares proposal pricing and submittal l packages for customers; participates in all aspects of proposal preparation; supporting risk/opportunity assessment, mitigation and management activities; insures proper execution of certifications and representations; resolves issues related to terms & conditions and special provisions; participates on negotiation teams; performs contract review and acceptance; supports change management; managing and safeguarding company assets (including proprietary information and intellectual property); administering and monitoring contract performance and contract values; performs contract closeout activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Requests and obtains necessary cost, manufacturing and scheduling data for change order pricing, including determination of appropriate cost elements.
- Prepares quotations, proposals and submits to customers.
- Negotiates change orders.
- Reviews contract amendments and changes and in and out going correspondence.
- Responsible for coordination of deliverables to the customer with timely submittals.
- Maintains close contact with customers to maintain, preserve and enhance the company’ s image with its customers, thus ensuring favorable long-term relationships.
- Monitors contract requirements to ensure company and counter party compliance with contractual obligations.
- Represents MMC to the customer in all matters with a high level of competence, professionalism, integrity and credibility.
- Ability to type or create letters, reports and project documentation in a final format from rough notes or drafts.
- Frequent communication with Program Managers, Project Engineers, Department Managers and Director of Programs required in the validation of labor/material estimates, preparation and negotiation of proposals and implementation of changes.
- Daily communications required with Program Contracting Officers and their designated representatives in the negotiation of Changes Orders and Modifications to the Contracts.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of an Associate’ s degree in business or related area or a minimum of (3) years of experience in Contracts Administration or other business field.
- Experience in negotiating changes to Contracts and knowledgeable in the application of FAR/DFAR clauses is preferred but not required.
- Experience in change proposals, administering and monitoring contract performance, validation of labor/material estimates and mitigation and understanding of all contracting activities is also required
One or more of the following professional certifications (DAWIA, FAC-C, CPCM, CFCM, or CCCM is desired but not required.
- Must have effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with all levels within the department, internal management and customers.
- Use time efficiently – organize multiple tasks to be completed in most efficient manner.
- Knowledge of Company procedures to be followed in completing tasks.
- Able to work with minimal direction and determine priorities of tasks given, flexible with multiple assignments
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency