5900 Brighton Pines Court Howell, MI 48843
Logistics Scheduler is responsible for processing orders and overseeing the cycle of order fulfillment. This includes customer service, on-time delivery of service, quality and cost. This person must manage internal processes, and external vendors effectively to ensure a safe and productive operation. This role must create trucking routes that keep costs down but meet customer needs. Although an operations role, this professional is expected to interface directly with customers, company drivers, vendors and other members of the Order Fulfillment team.
• Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers throughout the day;
• Provide correct DOT regulated documents to customers and drivers when scheduling;
• Collaborate with management and the warehouse to modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers and space restraints internally;
• Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes;
• Prepare accurate reports for upper management;
• Work with Director of Logistics to identify and solve logistics issues using problem solving tools and techniques.
Responsibilities would include clearly identifying root cause of problems occurring in logistics, vendor management, or logistics quality of the business;
• Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries;
• Schedule the preventative maintenance for all company vehicles.
• Performs all other duties and projects as assigned
• Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced, detail and production oriented environment
• Possesses a strong work ethic and team player mentality
• Experience in customer service would be appreciated;
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Knowledge of laws, regulations and DOT requirements;
Education & Training:
BS/BA in Business Administration, Supply Chain or relevant field- or- currently pursuing a degree in one of these fields.
Proven experience in the logistics field required.