Saline, Michigan 48176
First of three levels of assembler (entry); highly repetitive, simple short-cycle mechanical or electrical assembly of assemblies and sub assemblies. Follows prescribed routine where method of assembly is fairly simple. Assembles parts and devices to support production needs with basic supervision. Requires ability to follow written instructions and basic prints.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from blueprints and work instructions to assemble parts into higher level assemblies.
- Follows all safety guidelines including utilization of proper PPE.
- Follows proper operating procedures and maintains proper records in accordance within plant management system.
- Keeps work area clean and organized to insure safety and environmental compliance.
- Performs checks using variety of gauges and fixtures to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Demonstrates positive relations and teamwork as established within the organization.
- Note any drawing or instruction discrepancies to the Area Lead/ Supervisor during assembly.
- Exercise proficient use and safety of basic shop tools (drill press, sandblasting, grinders and de-burring, and hand tools).
- Perform all operations and instructions related to manufacturing, including Press Operation, Sizing, Notching and Maintaining clean work area.
- Achieve Quality goals and improve Quality standards, including immediately correcting any defective workmanship.
- Maintain high accuracy during assembly to provide high quality products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school Diploma/GED
- 6+ months of previous assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read basic blueprints
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, ability to learn use of measuring devices, and basic machine tools (e.g., drill press, grinders, sanders, saws, etc.).