Electrical Panel Builder
• Assemble electrical control panels, junction boxes and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings
• Fabricate or form parts, coils, or structures according to specifications, using drills, calipers, cutters, or saws.
• Utilize small hand tools such as wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers and pliers.
• Complete point to point wiring, and install a wide variety of electronic components including PLC' s, relays, lights, switches, etc.
• Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, bills of material, or hand written notes or verbal instruction to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
• Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan or review work activities or to resolve production problems.
• Drill or tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units or to provide openings for elements, wiring, or instruments.
• Work with minimal supervision once work assignments are given and explained. Ask questions to obtain sufficient instruction to perform assigned tasks.
• Read drawings, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams. Use good judgment when dimensions or tolerances seem inconsistent or unworkable. Ask engineers or supervisors to clarify. Mark up drawings and bills of material to document the “ as built” final product.
• Perform necessary hand operations such as deburring, drilling, grinding & sawing. Operate hand pallet jacks to move material within plant.
• Install finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities & reading technical publications.
• Works closely with the Assembly Lead Technician to improve and correct assembly times for proper manufacturing engineering documentation.
• Communicates any changes on procedure or assembly structure to engineering in order to ensure complete and correct engineering documentation.
• Has assembly/production experience and a strong mechanical aptitude
• Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in related field
• Motivated and detail oriented
• Attention to detail, excellent hand dexterity
• Proficient in basic math skills Possesses good communication skills and a great attitude