1600 Ely Street Marinette, WI 54143
The Engineer Technician’ s purpose is to create functional design deliverables from engineering calculations and guidance, and or cost effective detailed design ship production deliverables using the functional design documentation. The Engineer Technician II assists in determining the technical requirements of the project and in defining resource requirements to achieve schedule commitments within the field of competence. Finally, the Engineering Technician II will assist manufacturing in the resolution of production related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create and develop 2D deliverables
- Develop 3D model of systems and components within core competency
- Solve technical issues under the guidance of the department supervision
- Plan, estimate, schedule and monitor assigned work
- Track and report progress to commitments
- Oversee the work status of assigned resources
- Facilitate communications of issues and solutions within assigned department
- Prepare, check and issue professional quality deliverables
- Interpret contract requirements
- Develop contract change documents to support the project needs
- Abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- May be required to lead or participate in product improvement projects
The Engineer Technician II may lead a team of up to 3 employees. These responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the Company’ s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; and resolving problems. The Engineer Technician II also demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’ s Degree (2 Year Degree) in field of competence (or equivalent) or High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of equivalent experience.
- User experience of primary design tools (AutoCAD 2D/3D, 3D ShipConstructor desirable)
- 2-5 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the field of competence.
- Six Sigma or LEAN training desired.
- Must have technological skills (see attachment for specific skills) proven by verifiable and specific work experience, technical publication, or patent issue.
- A working knowledge of standard shipbuilding rules and regulations, as well as the associated regulatory agencies and the review & approval process is desirable.
- Must have current computer skills relevant to the field of competence.
- Must have ability to work within schedule and budget restraints.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A basic Earned Value Management System competency is desirable
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- Embrace Culture Change and Improvement