Environmental Technician (Milwaukee) (REPLACEMENT CANDIDATE)
Milwaukee, WI 63141
Position is responsible for implementation of environmental programs at operations. This shall include providing support and technical expertise to the operating business units and implementing and administering the region' s environmental programs in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations and company standards. Position reports to and works under the direction of the Regional Environmental Director.
- Implements environmental compliance and EMS programs at operations.
- Provides technical guidance on environmental issues.
- Enhances understanding of environmental programs, policies, and procedures at all levels of regional organization including management, employee, suppliers and customers.
- Implements environmental protection technologies and equipment to maintain or enhance compliance.
- Supports development and implementation of strategic EHS goals and targets for the region.
- Obtains environmental permits; develops and maintains required plans, programs and procedures; files regulatory reports.
- Obtains key environmental metrics and maintains EMS databases.
- Performs routine environmental testing, including waste characterization/profiling, wastewater, and stormwater.
- Bachelor' s degree in science or other related subject.
- 3-5 years related experience including experience in industrial manufacturing. Familiarity with metals recycling operations preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations, particularly stormwater, air and waste. Working knowledge of EPA sampling protocols, particularly waste and water.
- Must be able to work in both individual and team industrial work settings with minimal supervision.
- Excited to work in an outdoor heavy manufacturing environment to perform tasks hands-on.
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must. Ability to communicate to all levels of an organization from laborers to management.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); AutoCAD experience a plus.
- Travel 30-50%. This may include overnight stays for up to one week.