1600 Ely Street
Industry: Engineering & Technical
Job Number: 5847
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be able to develop a cost estimate and proposal.
- Must understand the interaction and influence of cost estimating relationships, overhead, other indirect costs, fee, and material costs in the estimating and proposal development process.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with multiple departments in obtaining the data necessary to develop a cost estimate or proposal.
- Ensure that cost estimates and proposals are current, complete, accurate, and developed in a timely manner.
- Must be a proficient user of Pro-Pricer software used to develop the estimate and generate proposals.
- Have a solid understanding of business risks and be able to recommend ways to mitigate those risks.
- Be able to present a cost estimate and proposal to senior management.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A Bachelors degree in Engineering, Naval Architecture, or Business and 3-5 years experience in estimating, shipbuilding, manufacturing, planning, contracts, or engineering. This requirement can also be met by having an Associate’ s degree in Engineering, Naval Architecture, or Business and 5-8 years experience in estimating, shipbuilding, manufacturing, planning, contracts, or engineering.