Facility and Maintenance Manager
1600 Ely Street Marinette, WI 54143
This position is responsible for ensuring the adequacy and efficiency of the Yard’ s plants in line with the objectives assigned to it by the top management.
This position will coordinate the activity of the Manager Facility Improvement responsible of the good condition of the Yard real estate (including yard cleaning, parking lot, waste management, etc.) and of the Maintenance Superintendent responsible for the efficiency of the facilities in the yard (cranes, transport, welding machine, fork lift,…).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strategic Integration and Capex improvement:
- Development of shipyard strategic plans (near term, 5 year, 10 year, etc.) to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Study and implementation of Capex investment following the direction established by the top management of the yard. In particular:
- Elaborate the ROI for the new Capex, in collaboration with the other functions in the Yard (Methods, PP&C, Purchasing,…), till the final approval.
- Issuing the SOWs, and supporting the Organizational Units competent in the choice of suppliers.
- Request from the Public Authorities the licenses (building and other) and the authorizations required by law.
- Supervise the realization of the works necessary for the installation of new plants
- Perform periodic inspections of the plants, in collaboration with the relevant Plant Organizational Units and calling the relevant Public Bodies
- Ensure operational management by ensuring that all practices for observance of laws on ecology, environmental protection and plant safety are carried out, in collaboration with the Safety and Environment department
- Facility Improvement:
- Coordinate the activity of the Facility Improvement Superintendent
- Ensure the efficiency and maintain in a good state of use all the real estates in the Yard, by carrying out inspections, preventive maintenance and repair interventions;
- Perform local energy efficiency diagnosis;
- Promote management and technological initiatives to reduce energy consumption;
- Propose initiatives to reduce the costs of competence.
- Coordinate the activity of the Maintenance Superintendent and his/her workers
- Ensure the efficiency of the facility of the Yard, in order to ensure the respect of the production schedule
- Ensure the respect of the budget assigned for the maintenance by the top management
- Enforce the use of proper tools to control the preventive and corrective maintenance activity in the yard
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Directly responsible of a organization structures composed by 2 to 5 employees and 25 union. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’ s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor' s Degree
- At least 5 years of related work experience in shipbuilding
- At least 5 years of related work experience in plant maintenance
- At least 2 years of supervisory or management experience
- Must have the ability to coordinate and interact with Public Authority and top management
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suite computer skills, particularly Excel
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- Hiring, Leading, and Developing Employees
- Embrace Culture Change and Improvement