ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost
· Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
· Review productions schedules, engineering specifications, orders and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures and activities.
· Estimate production cost and effect of production design changes for the management review, action and control
· Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities
· Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
· Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
· Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
· Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
· Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’ s Degree in a related field plus 2 years of related work experience or High School diploma plus 4 years or more of related work experience.
· Detailed and in-depth knowledge of statistical methods/mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards. Must have working knowledge of reading and interpreting production drawings and product models.
· Substantial working knowledge common office applications, including spreadsheet analysis and graphing.
· Knowledge of shipbuilding work flow, material flow, production process and Navy and Coast Guard performance reporting requirement preferred.
· Ability and willingness to work in both an office and industrial environment.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes and industrial engineering techniques.
· Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
· Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
· Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
· Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.