Lead Avionics Technician (Part 145)- Philadelphia, PA
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assigning tasks / jobs to the technicians working on the aircraft.
2. Work with Completion Engineer and Program Manager to define parts required for
for the completion and assist Spares when necessary with ordering parts.
3. Assist Maintenance Supervisor with work flow and schedules generating a
completion flow chart that reflects the goals and objectives set by the company for
delivery dates.4. When possible perform “ hands on” presence.
5. Service, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all avionics systems that perform
Functions of communications, navigation, collision avoidance, target acquisition,
and automatic aircraft flight control systems.
6. Ensure that all completion parts and removed parts aircraft parts maintained
in a neat and orderly system.
7. Provide schedule updates through both written and oral communication.
8. Organize work instructions, technical data and work orders.
9. Understand and utilize management tools.
10. Perform other duties and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned.
11. Work in the SAP computer system regarding sign offs and logging time on jobs.
12. Service, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and adjust AC and DC power generation,
conversion and distribution systems and aircraft batteries.
13. Work overtime and travel as needed.
CREW CHIEF, COMPLETIONS AVIONICS TECHNICIAN
Summary of Position Coordination of Avionics activities related to the completion and repair of new and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Specifically describe the essential duties and responsibilities in order
of estimated percentage of time that is spent on each).
1. High school degree.
1. At least 5 years helicopter experience.
2. One year experience in a shop leadership role / environment.
3. Ability to prioritize work.
4. Ability to organize multiple ongoing activities.
5. Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Programs.
6. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical principals as applied to aviation and must
be able to use / interpret diagrams, blue prints and technical publications.
Competencies & Attributes
Teamwork, communications, problem solving, decision making, works well under pressure, able to multitask, detail orientated, adaptable.
FAA A&P Certificate