5900 Brighton Pines Court Howell, MI 48843
A Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordination of all logistics needs within the department. This includes customer service, on-time delivery of service, quality and cost. This person must manage internal processes, and external vendors effectively to ensure a safe and productive operation. This role must work closely with sales and operations to understand customer requirements. Although an operations role, this professional is expected to interface directly with customers and outside suppliers when necessary. Therein, position is responsible to:
- Prioritize work queues as needed to ensure consistent and timely delivery of products and services;
- Coordinate daily and weekly activities with freight partners;
- Work with the Sales team to coordinate customer requirements and needs;
- Ensure timely communication with all internal and external customers to provide timely service;
- Work with freight partners, subcontractors, and other vendors as needed;
- Work with Logistics Lead to identify and solve logistics issues using problem solving tools and techniques. Responsibilities would include clearly identifying root cause of problems occurring in logistics, vendor management, or logistics quality of the business;
- Work with EH&S to close incidents related to inbound and outbound orders (including timely communication to Sales Support, Sales, and Management), which may impact service and quality levels;
- Support EH&S/Quality activities as needed;
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned;
Job skills and work experience requirements
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced, detail and production oriented environment
- Possesses a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Well developed interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Intermediate communication and listening skills;
- Basic problem solving skills;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and management;
- The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience in logistics or customer service but not required.
- Co-op or previous employment preferred.