Saline, Michigan 48176
First (entry) level of CNC machining center operator. Requires the ability to follow written instructions and read basic blueprint specifications. Operates and adjusts semi-automatic or automatic numerically controlled machine tools to perform standard and repetitive sequences of operations where programs are provided.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Follows proper operating procedures and maintains proper records in accordance within plant management system.
- Follows all safety guidelines including utilization of proper PPE.
- Keeps work area clean and organized to insure safety and environmental compliance.
- Basic knowledge of operations including: boring and milling.
- Performs checks using variety of gauges and fixtures to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Ability to use common hand tools.
- Maintains maximum levels of production through proper operation of machinery.
- Ensure quality parts while minimizing scrap and rework through proper in-process inspection.
- Ensure maximum quality is maintained on all parts being produced through proper use of measuring devices.
- Maintain simple records to avoid costly errors.
- Perform basic pre-staged machine set-ups, tool offsets, edit programs under direct supervision.
- Recognize & resolves tooling wear problems.
- Demonstrates positive relations and teamwork as established in the IMI Way and Leadership Blueprint within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED
- 1+ years of related experience
Skills and Competencies
- Basic math skills
- Basic measurement skills including: calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales
- Basic blueprint reading skills .