12800 Oakland Park Blvd.
Industry: Manufacturing & Industrial
Job Number: 5758
Under general supervision, responsible for performing highly diversified duties to set-up, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and productive maintenance systems and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Performs emergency/unscheduled repairs on machines, equipment and plant facilities during production.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required repairs, maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments on machines and equipment.
- Performs a variety of electrical, plumbing and carpentry functions.
- Completes hot work permits.
- Displays a positive attitude towards safety, works safely and follows all the Company' s safety policies and procedures.
- Reports all unsafe and unhealthy conditions or acts to management immediately.
- Reports injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses and property damage immediately to your Supervisor.
- Complies with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards in accordance with the company policy, the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Michigan Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Trade school certified as an Industrial/Electrician/Millwright or Industrial/Mechanic.
Powdered Industrial Truck Permit and Aerial Work Permit (requires passing scores on the Powered Industrial Truck and Aerial Work training tests administered by client.)
Minimum of three (3) years of maintenance experience as a Maintenance Technician within a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, PLC and Robotics. Demonstrated ability to operate hand and power tools; and shop tools including lathe, Bridgeport and band saw. Good communication and time management skills; takes the initiative; and works well in a team environment. Ability to be trained/developed for future internal assignments and/or opportunities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Work performed in a manufacturing plant environment. Exposed to varying temperature within plant depending upon external weather conditions. Continuously exposed to airborne particles, odors, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes and noise. Occasionally works in high precarious places (e.g. roofs, scissor lifts) and in outside weather conditions. Continuously operates hand, power and shop tools. Continuously grips/grasps, pushes/pulls, bends/stoops, crouches, crawls/kneels and stands. Frequently climbs, reaches above shoulder level, stands, and lifts and carries up to twenty– five (25) lbs. Ability to work long hours and on weekends as needed.