1004 East State Street
Industry: Engineering & Technical
Job Number: 5829
Develops mechanical products and services, including quoting and specifying products, development of bills of
material, and appropriate drawings by traditional drafting method or by CAD.
- Plans and fonnulates aspects of new product development proposal such as applications for new or modified presses, cost of projects, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes sales proposals to determine if the product can be manufactured as specified.
- Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds for the construction of new or modified products.
- Assists shop floor or new product start-ups by coordinating first run production activities.
- Generates appropriate bills of materials from prints or drawings to allow for the production of presses or products using principles of GD&T.
- Utilizes CAD or related drawing/detailing apparatus to generate a finished print for sales and manufacturing use.
- Generates or assists in the generation of standard operating procedures to be used by manufacturing when producing a salable product.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Education Required:
- Bachelor' s degree in Engineering or equivalent required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites and experience in engineering documentation.
- Minimum of one year experience in a manufacturing environment, experience with presses preferred.
- Minimum of one year of hands on experience with CAD software. Solid works preferred.
- Ability to read and write GD&T to generate engineering drawings.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.