Mig Welder- 2nd shift
3800 Lapeer Road Auburn Hills, MI 48326
- Must have workable knowledge of GMAW (MIG) Welding process
- Capable of welding in the flat and horizontal positions
- Capable of setting up power source and adjust gas flow regulators (amperage, voltage, wire feed speeds)
- The ability to use fillet gauges, calipers and welding tools of all types
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings and weld symbols
- Capable of self-inspection and to recognize weld defects and or flaws
- Ability to rework or repair weld defects effectively as needed
- Complete required paperwork and computer entries as required, ensure accuracy of all entries
- The ability to work overtime as required due to current work loads
- Immediately inform leader or member of management of any machine malfunction, production quality, material requirements or safety issues
- Performs repetitive bending, reaching, and lifting actions involving material weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ensure housekeeping duties are performed as a priority to ensure a clean, safe and orderly work environment
- Monitor production and material supplies communicate with appropriate personnel of shortages prior to running out
- May perform other duties or work at different workstations as production needs require
- The ability to pass an in-house welding test.
- The ability to use fillet gauges and calipers.
- The ability to read and understand work instructions, drawings, and weld symbols.
- Current welding certification is preferred, however not required
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One (1) year of welding experience
- Must be able to read, write & understand instructions in English
- Must complete pre-employment background screening & drug screening prior to starting employment