Production Sorter- 1st shift
5900 Brighton Pines Court Howell, MI 48843
The Battery Sorter role is a hands-on individual contributor responsible for hour-by-hour execution of material identification, separation, and packaging activities. This individual is responsible, under the direction of the Team Leader, for activities related to material handling, identification, separation, and repackaging of batteries received via bulk and parcel collection recycling programs.
- Create a safe and secure work environment using safety procedures and processes. Participate in safety continuous improvement projects.
- Sort material by commodity and/or chemistry;
- Complete process documents per parcel job sorted;
- Other duties as requested by Team Leader and management;
Job skills and work experience requirements
- Ability to perform read and comprehend product labeling, job instructions, and safety documentation
- Basic analytical and decision making skills;
- Basic communication and listening skills;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and management;
- Ability to work collaboratively and multitask in a team based, fast-paced, detail and production oriented environment
- Must be physically capable of lifting up to 40 pounds frequently
- Must be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time to perform their assigned job activities
- Must be able to visually identify
- Must be able to manipulate small items with their hands
- High school degree or equivalent
- Warehouse and forklift experience of 1 year
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand basic English as well as follow written and oral directions given in English.