Program Analyst (Contract)
1600 Ely Street Marinette, WI 54143
The Program Analyst II is an experienced professional who has demonstrated their ability within a program management, finance, contract/subcontract, or analytical role. This person is a strong individual producer and/or working task leader, who applies an analytical approach to financial/business concepts, contract management, policies, practices, processes and procedures to the management of ship design and construction programs.
The Program Analyst II will prepare and maintain management control (financial/business planning and scheduling) processes and reporting for complex systems, programs, projects, and/or tasks. This role, in part, will provide support to the Program Integration Team. Items could include: intercompany outsourcing, risk and opportunity management, Pre-Production Milestones, or program metrics reporting and compliance. The Program Analyst is capable of turning raw data into useful information that can be used to influence positive outcomes and promote effective decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Position may involve regular interaction with all levels of FMM’ s operations/senior staff, customers regulatory bodies, and major suppliers.
- Interfaces directly with LCS Teammates, Lockheed Martin, and the Navy.
- Collects and develops SDRL and CDRL documents, and data for submission to the prime contractor. Additonally, the Program Analyst will track and manage the submissions from other departments to ensure compliance to the contract.
- Prepares miscellaneous associated reports, charts, and graphs on program, project or contract status and makes presentations to management to keep them apprised.
- Has excellent written and verbal skills to interface with all levels of the organization through the attendance of meetings and written memos.
- Assists in preparation of a Manufacturing/Construction Plan that complies with the cost proposal and contract specifications.
- Provides assistance to technical/operations staff, coordinating efforts with contracts/subcontracts, corporate accounting and human resource staffs to assess impact of contract change notices, engineering change proposals, etc.
- Maintains/monitors management control requirements for designated contracts, programs, projects and/or tasks. Analyzes and reviews all cost (time, materials, and equipment) information and data to ensure all phases of the statement of work are included.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVMS) principles and practices (or equivalent Cost Schedule Statusing and reporting experience). Along with the significance of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) as it relates to EVMS.
- Supports the assessment of financial impact of project status to budget.
- Assists in preparation of completion cost estimates (EACs), projections on funding, estimate on margins, and other planned reports.
- Monitors performance to Contracts, oversees contract compliance, and supports negotiations with the customer on contract change proposals.
- May conduct risk analysis/evaluation; determine risk areas to cost or schedule, supports the development and maintenance of the risk/management plan.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree and at least 4 years of experience, or a Bachelors degree with (2-4) years of experience, or a Masters degree and (0+) years of experience. Degree requirements are to be satisfied with a degree from an accredited college or university. Experience requirements can be met by work done in the following fields: project management, administration, management control, accounting, contract/subcontract or other analytical role.
- Works well individually and in a team environment
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills, specifically MS Excel and MS Access.
- Experienced with an ERP System.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM)