201 Haynes St
Industry: Engineering & Technical
Job Number: 5794
Designs and installs quality control processes, sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques. Designs specific testing mechanisms, equipment and devices. May train hourly, exempt, and non-exempt staff in quality applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes production limitations and problems.
- Reviews and organizes statistical data on quality of production by lines, shift, department, among other ways, to produce recommendations.
- Reviews and implements specification revisions.
- Formulates or assists in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices.
- Patrols and monitors work areas, examining tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
- Ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities affecting environmental health and safety, as well as quality.
- Continuously reviews the economics of the quality program and makes recommendations.
- Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Time Management
- Problem Sensitivity
- Category Flexibility
- Near Vision & Visual Color Discrimination
- Perceptual Speed
- Analytical Skills
- Inductive/Deductive Reasoning
- Active Learning
- Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor' s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or eight years related experience; or equivalent combination of education, experience & professional accreditation as a quality engineer by an appropriate authority. Experience in lean manufacturing preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 30 pounds.
- Maneuvers in, around, under and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular basis.
- Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Works at telephone answering equipment, design equipment, and at a PC.
- Works within a manufacturing or repair office setting and is occasionally exposed to heat, cold wet, and fumes/chemicals.
- May be required to travel to plant, vendor and customer sites.
Director of Operations