Novi, MI 48377
Sales engineers work with automation machine builders and manufacturing plants to define process improvements that improve bottom-line results to create sales growth.
- Implement a sales process that clearly defines the customer’ s challenge and their concept for a solution
- Adept at determining the decision-making process and key stakeholders involved in a sale
- Leverage technical product and application knowledge to provide high quality solution to automation challenges
- Presents technical solutions to customer only after fully understanding customer’ s business model with its challenges and needs.
- Work in a team selling environment to leverage expertise across the sales team
- Energetically approaches new business and prospecting to develop future growth
- Continuously learn automation industry trends and ifm solutions that relate to those trends
- Position largely measured on sales growth and new customer growth.
- 3 to 10 years of related technical sales experience preferred.
- Engineering or Business degree preferred.
- Industrial automation experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of our organization.
- Attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-disciplined with a high sense of urgency to be a collaborative business partner.
- Ability to work with various teams as well as independently.