Senior Buyer (Contract)
1600 Ely Street Marinette, WI 54143
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research, analyze and evaluate sources of supply
- Procure material and services
- Negotiate short and long term contracts
- Expediting – contact vendors to determine delivery status of material and software deliverables.
- Develop cost savings plans
- Prepare and analyze quotes
- Participate in weekly Manufacturing, Engineering and Purchasing Meetings
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- Internally communicates with:
- Warehouse Personnel – receiving/inventory discrepancies, shippers, procurement inspection reports (Daily interaction)
- Program Managers – approval signatures and material status (Daily interaction)
- Engineering – technical assistance and clarity of material specifications (Daily interaction)
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) – provisioning and technical manual submittals (Weekly interaction)
- Manufacturing – material ordering/expediting (Daily interaction)
- Finance – invoice reconciliation (Daily interaction)
- Planning – parts & schedule information (Daily Interaction)
- Purchasing – assign tasks to associate buyers and administrative assistants, provide status (Daily interaction)
- Contracts – terms and conditions, contractual advice (Weekly interaction)
- Externally communicates with:
- Vendors – material ordering/expediting (Daily interaction)
- Freight Forwarders – customs services, imports/exports, bonds, duty (Weekly interaction)
- Customer – advise in-plant test dates (Monthly interaction)
Directly supervises 1 to 5 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’ s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Demonstrates leadership skills that align with the mission, vision, and values of the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ s degree in a business or technical related field and at least 4 years of experience in a related manufacturing environment.
- Can also be met with an Associate’ s degree and at least 5 years of experience in a related manufacturing environment.
- Can also be met with a HS Diploma and at least 7 years of experience in a related manufacturing environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Word.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems a plus.
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Well Organized, can Multi-tasking, with good Time Management.
- Has good Composure with Senior Leadership.
- Cost /Price Analysis and Negotiations
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management and ISO
- Knowledge of MRP
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Business Discipline
- Sense of Urgency
- Hiring, Leading, and Developing Employees
- Embrace Culture Change and Improvement
Performance Leaders will inspire enthusiasm and act as a role model. She/he will develop talented employees with the skills, abilities, competencies and values needed to achieve the Company goals. The Performance Leader will provide timely feedback to employees in a constructive, coaching style, give praise and recognition and deal with performance issues.