Sheet Metal Mechanic- Tampa, FL
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position is responsible for fabricating, repairing, replacing, or rebuilding aircraft structures, repair
parts, and special tools, in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications
established by the company, applicable government agencies, and aircraft manufactures as
contained in approved Maintenance Manuals.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATION
1. 2 years’ experience in heavy aircraft maintenance, preferably with an airline and/or MRO
2. Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support heavy
maintenance service, including, but not limited to Company policy and procedure manuals,
FAR’ s, AD’ s, Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals.
3. Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
4. Must be efficient in the use and application of tools, gauges, instruments, etc. necessary for
the accomplishment of duties assigned.
5. Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and
disposal as related to the job assignment.
6. Valid and current Airframe and Powerplant license is a plus.
7. Must have minimum required tools.
8. Must meet the qualifications to obtain a SIDA badge.
9. High School diploma or equivalent.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS AND DUTIES
1. Works according to written and/or verbal instructions.
2. Performs all work assigned in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
3. Records work performed and assumes responsibility for that work as indicated by his/her
4. Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, and Maintenance Manuals in performance of
5. Performs touch up painting as needed (within task area).
6. Must maintain A&P license in a current status and carry it on their person when at work.
7. May do experimental and developmental work as assigned.
8. Must have working knowledge and the ability to fabricate, repair, replace, or rebuild aircraft
structures, repair parts, and special tools. Heavy phase maintenance experience on other
military aircraft types may be considered.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day
operation, not determined at time of hire.
1. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
2. Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
3. Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
4. Must have correctable near and far vision.
5. Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
6. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
7. Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools.