Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Rochester Hills, Michigan
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate’ s Degree in Business Management preferred
- 2-3 years experience as Shipping and Receiving experience in a manufacturing environment
- Effective analytical, communication and documentation skills
- Prior experience with ISO 9001-2008 and TS 16949 preferred
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Supervise in the Shipping and Receiving department.
- Translates daily production schedules per customer release via EDI as necessary as backup to Materials Coordinator
- Enter outbound ASN’ s into J-COM
- Work effectively to resolve inventory or order discrepancies.
- Review inventory daily and against outstanding orders and sales forecasts and notify Materials Coordinator as necessary
- Follow up with suppliers regarding past due shipments and back orders as requested
- Conduct physical inventory when required
- Verify, label and organize warehouse space as directed by Plant Supervisor
- Maintain general storage area.
- Plan, select and order transportation, and track shipments from pickup through delivery as backup to Material Coordinator
- Receive, sort, inspect and update Incoming Inspection log. Distribute incoming shipments to their proper locations as required by Plant Supervisor
- Ensure outgoing product is properly identified, labeled and packaged per customer requirements.
- Alert Plant Supervisor and work with Quality department to make the adjustments necessary to produce conforming product and properly contain rejected material
- Perform general housekeeping and assist in providing a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist with production when necessary.
- Observe shop safety and conduct rules
- Forklift Training Certification required
- Must possess a valid driver' s license