Shipping Receiving Supervisor
5900 Brighton Pines Court Howell, MI 48843
Receiving, shipping, storing, moving, labeling and identifying material. Also managing inventory and documentation through receiving software and procedures.
- Verify accuracy of shipments by identifying, counting, and weighing material against packing slip, invoices and bills of lading.
- Open crates, drums, pails and other containers to confirm material type.
- Properly log and stage material in warehousing system.
- Move and store material to established areas in the warehouse
- Works with warehouse and transportation managers about, shipping, receiving, and storage of material
- Confers and corresponds with other departments to rectify issues, such as damages, shortages and other nonconformance issues.
- Determines shipping configuration of materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, guidelines and D.O.T. regulations
- Determines shipping configuration of materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, guidelines for Overseas containers via IMDG standards
- Maintain computerized inventory, take physical count periodically and check against inventory control using I.S.I.S. software.
- Requires flexibility in work hours and break times.
- Detail oriented position.
- Responsible for proper packaging and labeling of stored and shipped material.
- Other responsibilities may include working in other areas depending on workload.
- Forklift certified up to trainer level required
- 3-5 years’ experience working with forklifts
- IMDG certified
- Able to lift 10-50 pounds on occasion.
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and receiving software.
- Accuracy in data entry
- Close attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to operate gas forklift and manual material handling equipment.
- Use of basic hand tools.
- Basic math skills
- High school degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year shipping and receiving experience