1600 Ely Street
Industry: Engineering & Technical
Job Number: 5854
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute RFX - prepare and conduct RFI' s/RFQ' s and manage suppliers and internal stakeholders through process
- Analyze bids based on total cost/supply to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Supporting negotiation and execution of commercial agreement to reach lowest total cost including terms to mitigate economic and currency fluctuations as appropriate for assigned commodities (e.g., long-term agreements, make/buy, market tests, etc.).
- Research, analyze and evaluate sources of supply
- Able to read and understand SOWs, drawings, and Purchasing Technical Specifications
- Negotiate Vendor Services, Subcontractors, Commodities, Equipment/Systems, Capitol Equipment, and Fabricated Material
- Develop and implement Process Improvement initiatives
- Ability to clearly communicate and document cost savings/cost avoidance
- Participate in routine Manufacturing, Engineering and Purchasing Meetings
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively across all departments within the organization, including Senior Leadership, Manufacturing, Engineering, Planning, and Contracts
- Work under pressure and tight timelines along with limited supervision