Structure Mechanic- Lakeland, FL
2551 Hellcat Lane Sanford, Florida 32773
Structure Mechanic -Lakeland, FL
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal such as galvanized iron, copper, steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers; to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
- Shapes metal material over anvil, block, or other form.
- Trims, files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces.
- Welds, solders, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints.
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Repairs and maintains sheet metal products.
- Operates computer aided drafting (CAD) equipment to develop scale drawings of product or system.
- Minimum 3 years heavy and/or line maintenance experience
- Valid driver' s license with clean driving record
- Airframe & Powerplant Certification (preferred not required)
- Provide your own tools per our tool list
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently
- B727 experience preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.