Test Technician (Miami)
11150 NW 122nd Street Miami, FL 33178
Basic operating principles of analog and digital electronics, electrical and electronic circuitry, and associated mechanical mechanisms, methods, equipment and materials used in the primary maintenance and repair of a variety of electronic and electro-mechanical systems, components and equipment.
Use and care of testing and power and hand tools of the trade.
Troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques.
Shop arithmetic as required for the trade.
Safety practices pertaining to the work.
Diagnosing and repairing operational problems in a variety of electronic and electro-mechanical systems, components and equipment.
Performing modifications to electronic systems and components.
Reading and interpreting engineering drawings, diagrams, manuals and work orders.
Using and maintaining hand and power tools and testing equipment of the trade.
Understanding and following oral and written directions.
Maintaining accurate records of work performed and materials used.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- 2+ yrs experience, desired in light rail or Aviation environment.
- Experience in low and high voltage (VDC), medium voltage (VAC) and relay logic.
- Experience in the use of test related equipment i.e., digital multi meters, pneumatic gauges, current probes etc….
- Must own and maintain a basic hand tool set.
- Experience in precision measuring equipment i.e., caliper, micrometer, pie tape, etc….
- Experience in electrical crimp and mechanical torque techniques.
- Must have experience working within and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Experience with working in diverse and busy team environments.
- Must speak, read and write English.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- College/Technical trade education is preferred.
- Ability to read drawings, blueprints and diagrams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure and against deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team environment.
- Must be able to read and understand work orders.
- Must be able to read and perform procedures.
- Must be able to diagnose and make various electrical & mechanical adjustments using provided procedures.
- Attention to quality control and customer service.
- Computer skills must include at least basic levels for MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to lift up to 30 to 50 lbs.