201 Haynes St
Industry: Manufacturing & Industrial
Job Number: 5811
SUMMARY: Plans, directs and coordinates the storage and distribution operations for the facilities within the assigned business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiates with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance companies for services and preferential rates.
- Develops and documents standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping or salvaging products or materials.
- Issues shipping instructions and provides routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confers with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control and purchasing.
- Supervises, coordinates, provides leadership to, and reviews the work of transportation department personnel.
- Invoices Customers.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding methods and procedures in assigned areas.
- Acts as liaison with other departments and prepares written reports concerning assigned aspects of work.
- Interviews and recommends candidates for new hire.
- Plans day-to-day departmental operations, assigns people, authorizes overtime and controls costs.
- Plans week-to-week and month-to-month departmental operations.
- Coordinates with Production, Purchasing, Production Planning, Sales, Engineering and Quality Departments to ensure operation standards and goals are met.
- Arranges for necessary shipping documentation, and contacts customs officials in order to effect release of shipments when necessary.
- Arranges for storage facilities when required.
- Evaluates freight costs and the inventory costs associated with transit times in order to ensure that costs are appropriate.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations when necessary.
- Advises sales and billing departments of transportation charges for customers' accounts.
- Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for the selection and development of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the department and ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Time Management
- Resource Management
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Social Perceptiveness
- Service Orientation
- Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rails, sea or road including the relative costs and benefits.
Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Required: Bachelor' s degree or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5 or more years of supervisor experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lifts and carries up to 25 pounds and frequently carries up to 15 pounds.
Maneuvers in, around, under and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular and continuous basis.
Some work time is spent standing, walking, lifting and bending.
Works at telephone answering equipment, design equipment and at PC.
Works within aerospace manufacturing and/or repair facility and is exposed to heat, cold, wet, and fumes/chemicals.
Travels to plant, vendor and customer sites.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.