Warehouse Operations Manager
5900 Brighton Pines Court Howell, MI 48843
Operations Manager is responsible for all operating aspects of the site or operation. This includes health & safety compliance, security, on-time delivery of service, quality and cost. This person must manage team leaders effectively to ensure a safe and productive workforce. This role must work closely with sales to understand customer requirements while also partnering with HR to properly staff and manage the work force.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Create a safe and secure work environment thru utilization of safety procedures and processes. Clearly communicate safety expectations to all staff on a regular basis.
- Serve as the process owner for the Lean manufacturing operational transformation;
- The role will be responsible for ensuring all building premises and equipment, including building and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for staffing the facility including opening and closing by working with the team leads;
- In partnership with HR, the role will be accountable for helping interview, orientate, develop, mentor, and manage direct and indirect staff assigned to the designated facility;
- Partner with Team Leaders and HR to provide adequate staff resources to the operating team. Validate that all new employees are properly trained and mentored by team leaders through use of audits, inspections, or other methods. Ensure HR Policies and Practices are communicated and enforced (ex. Attendance, Disciplinary, and Conflict Resolution).
- Coordinate daily and weekly activities at the site through effective scheduling and resource planning activities. Build and execute actionable operating plans, to achieve on-time delivery in support of monthly forecast commitments.
- The role will be responsible for ensuring assigned facility inventory reporting is accurate; this would include ensuring performance of cycle counts, physical inventory checks, and records are updated in a timely manner.
- Perform daily shift start production meetings and contribute in weekly floor meetings;
- Ensure management and monitoring of inventories levels is conducted by the site team;
- Using problem solving tools and techniques, the role will be responsible for clearly identifying root cause of problems occurring in the production, inventory management, safety, or product quality of the business;
- Ensure the facility and work areas are maintained in a clean, organized, and safe manner; this may be executed and sustained using signage, cleanliness standards, organization of tools, job stock, supplies, material in process, and inventories;
- The role will be responsible for ensuring assigned facility targets are delivered at the acceptable quality level, and on time; this would be communicated via KPI reporting, metrics boards, daily startup (of shift) meetings, and other methods;
- Ensure timely corrective action reporting, through closure, of incidents related to inbound and outbound orders (including timely communication to Customer Service, Sales, and Management), impacting service and quality levels; prioritize work queues as needed to ensure consistent and timely delivery of products and services;
- Proven experience, at an intermediate level, with warehouse management skills as it pertains to applying traditional material handling and recycling methodologies;
- Proven experience leading and participating on teams in a collaborative environment;
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced, detail and production oriented environment;
- Experience in a union facility a plus;
- Well developed interpersonal skills and professionalism;
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced communication and listening skills;
- Well developed analytical and decision making skills;
- Well developed team building and conflict resolution skills;
- Basic knowledge of root cause failure analysis and problem solving skills;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and management;
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’ s degree in an Engineering, Business, Supply Chain discipline
- Candidate must have 5-7 years experience in an operational leadership role