1600 Ely Street
Industry: Engineering & Technical
Job Number: 5877
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science Engineering in Welding or Metallurgical Engineering
- Ability to interpret and provide written communication on customer specifications as related to welding into functional documentation necessary for a cost effective design for construction
- The ability to use Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Preferred experience with and understanding of construction
- Preferred to have welding engineering experience with Regulatory Body Requirements associated with the Ship Building industry (i.e. AWS, Mil-Std 248, Mil-Std 278, NVR and/or its predecessors, ABS, 46 CFR, and The U.S. Coast Guard)
- Experience with MMC’ s primary Structural Design Tools (AutoCad 2D/3D) is a plus
- Technical skills in the welding processes, welding metallurgy, regulatory body requirements, procedure development, economics affected by welding, and be in line with schedule and budget requirements
- Exhibit time management skills complemented by the ability to prioritize problem solving/issues resolving activities so as to maximize achievement of the goals and objectives
- Be capable of employing the use of computer software (including AutoCAD) to manage administrative and technical activities
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.